Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI coconut milk powder - 6 tablespoons. (3 tablespoons dilute with 2 cups of warm water to be used as thin milk, 3 tablespoons to dilute in half cup of warm water to be used as thick milk).
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoon (1.5 tablespoons for cooking and half tablespoon for second tempering).
- Whole spices for first tempering - 4 split green cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon, 8 whole black pepper.
- Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon.
- Garam masala - half teaspoon.
- Salt - 2 teaspoons.
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 3 chopped shallots for second tempering.
- 15 curry leaves (10 to be using in cooking 5 to be used during second tempering).
- 1 inch ginger minced.
- 8 garlic pods minced.
- 2 green chillies (1 minced for cooking 1 sliced for garnishing).
- 1 medium carrot diced.
- 2 small potatoes diced.
- 500 gram chicken small pieces with bone.
- Cashew 6 piece for garnishing.
The Easy Steps
- Prepare thick and thin coconut milk as mentioned in ingredients. Chop, dice and mince vegetables. Wash chicken pieces thoroughly and keep it covered.
- Heat 1.5 tablespoons oil in a karahi and add cardamom, clove, cinnamon,black pepper and temper well for 2 sec followed by adding chopped onion.
- Add minced ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add vegetables (diced carrot and potatoes) along with 10 curry leaves and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add chicken pieces and another 1 teaspoon salt, let it cook with lid on karahi.
- Add thin coconut milk and close the lid of karahi.
- Meanwhile prepare for second tempering, take small karahi and add half tbsp. of oil saute 6 cashews and keep aside, saute chopped shallots along with curry leaves until the sallots turn golden.
- Once the chicken gets cooked add pepper powder, garam masala and off the flame. Now add thick coconut milk to avoid curdling followed by the tempering.
- Dish out and garnish with slit green chillies and fried cashews.