Cooking Time: 70 Minutes
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Total Serves: 6
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI 2-Minute Masala Noodles - 1 Packet
- MAGGI Masala (Tastemaker) - 1 Sachet
- Maida - 2 Cups
- Oil - 200 ML
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Onion - ½, Medium Size (Finely Chopped)
- Carrot - ½ Cup (Shredded)
- Cabbage - ¼ Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Water - 2 Cups
- Salt - To Taste
- Capsicum - 2, Medium Size (Finely Chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Schezwan Sauce - 2 Tablespoons
- Mint Leaves - 1 Tablespoon (Finely Chopped)
- Coriander Leaves - 1 Tablespoon (Finely Chopped)
- Hung Curd - ½ Cup
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Amchur Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 Teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Onion - 2 Tablespoons (Finely Chopped)
- Roasted Besan - 1 Tablespoon
- Black Salt - ½ Teaspoon
- Live Charcoal
- Ghee - 1 Tablespoon
- Chat Masala - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Cabbage Leaf - For Garnish
The Easy Steps
- In a large kadhai, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté ginger-garlic paste with onion, carrot, cabbage, capsicum. Furthermore, add 1½ cup of water and bring it to a boil. Now, add MAGGI Masala Noodles and MAGGI Masala, mix well and cook until the water is absorbed completely. Now, add schezwan sauce, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green onion and sauté at once.
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt, 1 teaspoon of oil and ½ cup of water to knead a semi stiff dough. Cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Flatten the dough balls and roll into thin chapatti, cut them into 3 inch circles and place a spoonful of filling mixture in centre. Shape the momos by pinching it from one side and continue in a circular motion.
- Deep fry the momos on a medium flame until the outer layer turns light brown.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon oil, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, kasuri methi, amchur powder, turmeric powder, black salt, 2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste, ½ cup hung curd, roasted besan, and fresh coriander and mix well. Add half cook fried momos, mix with light hands and coat well with marinade. Place live charcoal and pour a few drops of ghee and cover the lid and smoke momos for 2-3 mins.
- In a pan, heat oil to cook the marinated momos on each side until they turn golden brown.
- For garnishing, in a plate, place cabbage leaves and momos top it with a few onion rings, chat masala, fresh mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with momo chutney and schezwan sauce of your preference.