Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Vegetable Stock Cube - ½ Cup
- Paneer - 300 Grams
- Maida - ½ Cup
- Corn Flour - ½ Cup
- Salt & Pepper - As Per Taste
- Water - ½ Cup
- Garlic - 1 Pod (15 Petals, Finely Chopped)
- Ginger - 1 Inch (Finely Chopped)
- Onion - 1 (Cut Into Cubes)
- Capsicum - 1 (Cut Into Cube)
- Green Chillies - 10-12
- Red Chilli Pastes Or Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chilli Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Vinegar - ½ Teaspoon
- Dark Soy Sauce - 1 Teaspoon + 2 Tablespoons
- Corn Flour - For Corn Slurry
- Vegetable Oil - Deep Fry (½ Liter)
- Chilli Oil + Sesame Oil - For Cooking
- Spring Onion Greens + White - For Garnish
The Easy Steps
- Cut paneer, bell pepper, and onion into cubes, finely chop garlic and ginger and green chillies cut it into slits. (Tip: Let the paneer soak in warm water for about 5 mins before cutting it yields soft paneer.)
- To marinate the paneer, add salt and pepper as per your taste, ½ cup corn flour, ½ cup maida, and a little water to make a thick yet flowing paste.
- In a bowl, add red chilli paste, green chilli sauce, vinegar, dark soy sauce, MAGGI Vegetable Stock and mix all the wet ingredients and keep it aside.
- Take ½ liter (or as much as you require) vegetable oil in a wok, let the oil heat up till nicely and at this point start putting marinated paneer into the oil one at a time and let it fry till its golden brown. Keep It aside. (Tip: Add a little baking powder to the batter before frying for crispy paneer. (Optional))
- In a wok, add 2 tablespoons chilli oil + sesame oil (or any other vegetable oil), after the oil is hot on high flame add ginger, garlic and sauté it for about 30 seconds and then add the cubed veggies to it and keep stirring it till the bell pepper becomes crispy on the outside, now add the sauce mixture and give it a boil, add little salt and pepper as there is already salt in MAGGI Vegetable Stock. Once the sauce is boiling, add 1 tablespoon of corn flour to ½ cup water, mix it well and add it to the sauce and mix it well till the sauce thickens. At this point add the fried paneer to the sauce give it a mix on high flame and garnish with spring onion greens.
- You can now serve it with fried rice or eat it as starters.