Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Magic Cubes Vegetables - 2 Pieces (Crumbled Nicely)
- Long Grain Dehradun Fragrant Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
- Soya Nuggets - ½ Cup
- Cottage Cheese Cubes - 150 Grams
- Mix Vegetables (Cauliflower, Carrot, Beans, Peas, Ivy Gourd, Potato) - 2 Cups (Chopped Roughly)
- Onions - 1, Big (Sliced)
- Tomato - 1, Big (Sliced)
- Ginger, Garlic & Green Chilli Paste - 2 Teaspoons
- Whole Spices Cinnamon - 1 Inch
- Star Anise 1
- Black Peppercorns - 4-5
- Cloves - 4
- Green & Black Cardamom 1 Piece (Crushed)
- Cumin & Fennels Seeds - 2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin & Coriander Powder - 2 Teaspoon
- Pepper Powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 2 Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Coriander Leaves - Finely Chopped (For Garnish)
- Oil - ¼ Cup
- Water - 1½ Cups
The Easy Steps
- Wash and soak the soya nuggets in warm water for 20 mins.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 10 mins.
- In a pressure cooker, add 4 tablespoons of oil and roast the chopped mix vegetables till about 7 mins on medium flame till nice aroma of vegetables is release.
- Drain the water out of soya nuggets and squeeze the excess water out.
- In the same cooker, add the soya and paneer roast for 5 mins on slow flame.
- Add the remaining oil to the cooker, add cumin and fennel seeds along with the whole spices fry for 3 mins till the aroma comes in the oil.
- Add the sliced onions along with the ginger-garlic green chilli paste roast sautéed it for 4 mins.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water, crushed MAGGI Magic Vegetable Cube along with all the dry spice powder and mix well. Let the masala cook for 4 mins, cover, and cook.
- Add the roasted mix vegetables along with cottage cheese and soya mix everything nicely cover and cook for 3 mins.
- Drain the water from the rice and add the same in the cooker mix thoroughly.
- Add ½ cups of water in the cooker along with salt to taste mix everything well. Cover add the cooker lid cook the same for 2 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down.
- Once the cooker repressures, use a fork to separate the rice gently and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the pahadi style tehri pulav along with raita, curd or MAGGI tomato sauce & enjoy.