Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Preparation Time: 130 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 1 Sachet
- Mutton - 700 Grams (Ribs)
- Saffron - 1 Pinch
- Milk - 130 ML
- Cashew - 16 Pieces
- Poppy Seed (Posto) - 1½ Tablespoon
- Melon Seed (Magaz Dana) - 1½ Tablespoon
- Green Papaya Skin - 1 Teaspoon (Grated)
- Salt - 2 Teaspoons
- Ginger Paste - 2 Teaspoons
- Garlic Paste - 2 Teaspoons
- Onion Paste - 4 Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Kewra Water - 1½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1½ Teaspoons
- Roasted Gram Flour (Sattu) - 2 Tablespoons
- Yogurt - 80 Grams
- Ghee - 70 Grams
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder - 1½ Teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Mawa (Khoya Kheer) - 40 Grams (Grated)
- Meetha Attar - 4 Drops
- Ginger Julienne - 1 Inch (For Garnishing)
The Easy Steps
- Prepare ingredients as mentioned in the list.
- Marinate the mutton with a mixture of grated green papaya skin, salt, ginger, and garlic paste. Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour. Soak saffron in 2 tablespoons of warm milk. Soak cashew, poppy seed, melon seed in water and make a smooth paste after an hour by adding little water. To make rogan, put ghee in a pan on the lowest flame and add kashmiri red chilli powder. Fry for 2 min. Strain and keep the ghee (Rogan) aside.
- Marinate the mutton again with the mixture of MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic, onion paste, red chilli powder, kewra water, sugar, garam masala powder, roasted gram flour and yogurt. Keep it in the refrigerator for another one hour.
- In a flat heavy-bottomed pan, heat vegetable oil. Add the marinated mutton along with the milk. Mix, cover, and cook for 30 min on low flame. Stir occasionally.
- After 30 min, add cashew, poppy seed, melon seed paste, mawa, prepared rogan and meetha attar. Mix, cover, and simmer for another 30 min or till the mutton is totally cooked.
- Garnish with ginger julienne and serve with Tandoori Roti, Rumali Roti, Paratha or Biryani.