Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- Whole Wheat Flour - 120 Grams
- Jeera - 1½ Teaspoons
- Roasted Sesame Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon (For Kneading)
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chilli - 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - To Knead
- Oil - For Applying On The Theplas
- MAGGI Rich Tomato Ketchup - 1 Tablespoon
- MAGGI Hot & Sweet Tomato Chilli Sauce - 1 Tablespoon +1 Teaspoon
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 1 Tablespoon
- Onion - 1, Medium Size (Finely Chopped)
- Capsicum (Green/Yellow) - 1, Small Size (Finely Chopped)
- Tomatoes - 2, Medium Size (Finely Chopped)
- Garlic - 3 Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - ¼ Teaspoon
- Oregano - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Basil - 4-5 (Roughly Chopped Leaves)
- Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 2 Tablespoons (Optional)
- MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles - 70 Grams (Crushed)
- Oil - For Frying
- Mayonnaise - For Garnish
- Basil/Coriander - For Garnish
The Easy Steps
- Mix all the ingredients for theplas in the flour and knead it into a soft dough. Let it rest for 10 mins and then knead it few times with oil.
- Make 4 small size balls and roll them round and thin like a roti. Tip: if you have any medium-sized round object cut the roti with the same to get that perfect round.
- Heat the tawa on medium-high heat and then add the thepla on it.
- Let it cook for 15-20 seconds on medium heat until one side seems to bubble.
- Flip it and apply oil on that side, flip over and apply a little oil on the other side.
- Once the thepla is well cooked, remove it from the tawa and put it in a container to retain its softness.
- In a pan, add oil and let it heat for a minute. Add in the garlic and sauté it for a minute (don’t let it brown). Add onions and cook until it becomes translucent then add capsicums and cook for a minute or two on medium flame. Make sure the capsicums don’t get too soft (capsicums add a crunch).
- Add tomatoes along with salt and let it cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add in all the other ingredients (except basil) as mentioned and let it cook for a minute.
- If necessary, add 2 tablespoons of water for making it juicy.
- Switch off the flame and then add fresh basil to retain its taste.
- In a Kadhai, take oil for frying the MAGGI Masala Noodles. Once it is hot, add in the crushed MAGGI and remove the same after a minute, and put it on a tissue paper to drain the extra oil.
- While it is hot, add in the MAGGI Masala Noodles Tastemaker.
- Take the theplas and in the middle of it, add in the salsa. Make it like taco-shaped. On the top add in the fried MAGGI. Drizzle some mayonnaise and then finish it off with a basil leaf/coriander on the top.