Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
Total Serves: 5
The Ingredient List
Sweet tamarind chutney
- 1/3rd cup Tamarind pulp
- ½ cup jaggery powder
- 1 Tbsp water pinch of salt
- ¼ Tsp red chilly powder
Green spicy chutney
- 1 cup Parsley
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Green chilies
- ½ Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 cups of Makhana
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and peanuts
- 1 sachet of Maggi masala magic
- 1 medium sized tomato (Remove seeds and finely chopped)
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- Few chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
The Easy Steps
- To make Sweet tamarind chutney take a pan add water add jaggery and cook till the jaggery is melted once it starts to bubble pour the tamarind pulp stir and add salt, chili powder cook for 2 to 3 mins and keep aside to cool.
- Begin Green spicy chutney in a mixer jar add parsley, garlic cloves, lemon juice, green chilies and salt make a thick chutney.
- Heat a wok add olive oil stir fry on a low flame pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and peanuts remove in a separate plate.
- On a medium flame Add Maggi masala magic to the same wok used in the step 3 stir the dry masala (make sure not to burn the masala) and quickly add Makhana roast it for 15 minutes and keep stirring now and then.
- Take a big mixing bowl add roasted makhana, chopped onion, chopped tomato, tamarind chutney and green spicy chutney (2 Tbsp), roasted seeds, peanuts and mix well. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy the yummiest healthy Maggi makhana chat