Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
FOR THE NOODLES:
- MAGGI NUTRI-LICIOUS Masala Veg Atta Noodles 2 Packs
- Water(to para- boil) 1 cup
- 2-3 teaspoon Cornflour
FOR CHOPSUEY SAUCE:
- 4 teaspoons Olive oil
- 3 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Spring onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Cabbage, shredded(+6 big leaf pieces for presentation)
- ½ Spring onion, chopped(greens for garnishing)
- ½ Capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup MAGGI Tomato ketchup and 1 MAGGI Tastemaker
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Schezwan Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper, crushed
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups Water
FOR CORN FLOUR SLURRY:
- 4 teaspoons Corn flour
- ¼ cup Water
The Easy Steps
- Take 2 packs of MAGGI NUTRI-LICIOUS Masala Veg Atta Noodles , and without breaking it paraboil it in boiling water for 1 minute and strain with cold water.then generously sprinkle cornflour on the noodles.
- To prepare the chopsuey nests in healthy way Preheat the OTG at 180 C .
- Take an inverted muffin tray/silicon sphere mould /steel katori.Incase none of the above options are available then make a katori out of layers of silver foil and use the same as a mould.Now on the inverted mould start placing the paraboiled MAGGI noodles in a coiled way to form a basket/nest.Cover well to avoid any holes .Bake in OTG for 12 mins ,after 5 mins grease the nests and continue baking till crisps,then demould and invert the nests to crispen the insides for 2 mins.Remove once golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a large Heavy bottom Pan, heat 4 teaspoons oil and saute 3 clove garlic and 4 tablespoons spring onion,s then add 1 carrot, 4 tablespoons cabbage, ½ onion and ½ capsicum. stir-fry on high flame foe 2-3 mins till until the vegetables are cooked yet crunchy.
- Now add ¼ cup tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ teaspoon schezwan sauce, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon sugar ,MAGGI tastemaker and stir-fry constantly till the sauce thickens and at this stage add in 2 cups of water.
- Now prepare the corn flour slurry by mixing 4 teaspoons corn flour in ¼ cup water till its lump free and pour it to the mixture. Stir and boil continuously, until the sauce thickens and turns glossy and then switch off the gas.
- For the presentation, take disposable glasses and on place a leaf of cabbage on it and then place your prepared MAGGI noodle nest on it and then add the prepared chopsuey sauce and garnish with spring onion greens.
- Cook noodles on a medium flame till they become al dente (cooked to be firm to the bite)
- Healthy twist to this appetizer by cooking the noodles in OTG instead of deep frying. Saves a lot of oil or calories without compromising on taste.
- Instead of baking in OTG, alternatively Air fryer can be used .Preheat the air fryer at 200 degree .Cut an 8 x 8 inch foil, pinch its edges to fit into the air fryer basket. Make sure there is an inch gap towards the edges so there is room for air circulation. Also prick a few holes in the foil for air circulation. Place the cooked noodles inverted mould into the foil lined basket in the air fryer at 180C/350F for 15 to 20 minutes. Take the basket out half-way through cooking to toss the noodles mould and place it back inside for air frying. After about 15 minutes, you will notice that the noodles have become crispy .
- Cook the boiled noodles nests in small batches in air fryer.You can chop the vegetables any shape and any size you like.
- For variations in chopsuey. VEGETARIAN-Soya chunks or paneer or tofu can be used. For tofu or cottage cheese (paneer), just fry it with 1 garlic cloves, until you get a light brown colour and serve with the sauce. NON VEGETARIAN-Add chicken while stir frying vegetables for making chicken Chopsuey. Also fried egg can be added over the dish before serving.
- FOR presentation-Take the baked MAGGI Nests and place them on top of a cabbage leaf, and then place it on either on top of a disposable glass or directly on the platter. Since the nests will have slight holes in them the cabbage leaf enacts as a container to hold the sauce from spreading out.
- Make sure that the presentation is done right when ready to serve or else the crispy noodles will dampen and the nest will also break.
- Garnishing with fresh spring onion greens adds colour contrast to the presentation.