Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Lotus Stems (Thick Variety) – 4
- (1 Stem cut into lengthwise + 3 Stems cleaned & washed and cut & ground into a coarse paste)
- Red Chilli Flakes – ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander & Cumin Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 2
- Potato – 1 (Boiled)
- Paneer - 2 Tablespoons (Grated)
- Onion – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – ½ Teaspoon
- Gram Flour - 2 Teaspoons (For Binding)
- Salt - To Taste
- Fresh Coriander – Finely Chopped
- Oil - For Frying + Cooking
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic – ½ Teaspoon
- Onions - 2
- Tomatoes - 3
- Garlic Pods - 4
- Ginger - ½ Inch
- Cashews - 5
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
- Kashmir Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Kitchen King Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt -- To Taste
- Garam Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
The Easy Steps
- Prepare ingredients as mentioned in the list. Boil the lotus stem lollipop sticks in 2 cups of water with some salt. Mix all ingredients for the lollipops and make lollipops.
- Heat the oil in a karahi and fry all lollipops on medium to high heat till golden brown and drain them on a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat, add garlic-ginger and sauté for a minute, now add onions and cook till light golden brown. Now add cashew and tomatoes, cook till mushy. Let it cool and grind to a fine paste. Now again heat a pan and transfer the ground paste. Cook for 30 seconds and add all the spice powders cook till oil leaves the masala. Now add 1 cup of water and cook to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Serve hot by arranging lollipops in a serving bowl and pour gravy on them.
- Garnish with grated paneer and coriander leaves.