Cooking Time: 68 Minutes
Preparation Time: 42 Minutes
Total Serves: 6 - 7
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles - 1 Packet (70 Grams)
- Amul Fresh Cream - 100 ML
- Nestlé Milk Powder - 200 Grams
- Milk - 100 ML
- Ghee - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 3 Cups
- Sugar - 400 Grams
- Oil - 2 cups (For Frying)
- Corn Flour - ½ Tablespoon
- Almonds - 2-3
- Pistachio - 2-3
- Food Color - Optional
The Easy Steps
For Preparing Mawa:
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan on low flame. Add 100 ml milk and 200 gram milk powder to the pan and keep stirring. You can add ½ tablespoon sugar (as per taste). Cook for about 15 mins until the mixture thickens. Keep aside for half an hour for it to cool down.
For Preparing Cream:
- Take 100 ml chilled cream in a bowl and whip it for 5 mins using a blender. Store it in the refrigerator to use for later.
For Preparing Sugar Syrup:
- Take 200 ml water to another pan and boil it on medium flame. Add 400 gram sugar to it and keep stirring for 20 mins until you get 1 string consistency, cook for 2 mins more in medium heat.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan for 5 mins on high flame. Take a large strainer and add 1 packet of MAGGI Noodles to it. Dip it in boiling water for 2 mins to cook the noodles. Pour ½ tablespoon corn flour on noodles and mix it gently so these noodles don’t stick to each other.
- Simultaneously, heat 2 cups of oil in a kadai for 5 mins on medium flame. Take 2 tea strainers. In 1st strainer, take some cooked noodles and grease some oil on them using a brush. Keep another strainer on it and press gently to give it a half-spherical shape. Now dip both strainers in hot oil to fry these noodles for 2-3 mins until it turns into golden brown color. You will now get a crispy and hard base in the form of katori for your dish. Put it on tissue paper to soak excess oil and wait for it to cool down.
- Now dip these katoris in sugar syrup for 2-3 mins and keep them aside on the platform for garnishing.
- Use mawa in step 1 to create flower and leaf shapes. You can add a pinch of food colors to mawa as per your preferences (Red/Yellow for flowers, Green for leaves). Add some cream from step 2 inside the flower petals. Add some sliced nuts for garnishing. Now with love, rest these flowers and leaves in our Khooshiyon Ki Katori to finalize the dish.