Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Serves: 5-6
The Ingredient List
Dry Ingredients (Spices):
- Star Anise - 3
- Green Cardamon (Choti Elaichi) - 4
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) - 1
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Coriander Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Dry Red Chilies - 5-6 (Add More If Required)
- Bay Leaves - 3
- Skinless Almonds - 12-15
- Onions - 2, Big Size or 3, Small Size
- Garlic Cloves - 8-10, Medium Size
- Ginger - 2 Inches
- Turmeric - 2-3 Inches
- Green Chillies - 2-3
- Lemon Grass - 2 Stalks (White Portion Only)
- MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder - 60 Grams
- Chicken Curry - 1 Kg
- Oil - 1½ Tablespoons
- Salt - As Per Taste
The Easy Step
- Toast all the spices in the list mentioned except bay leaves and almonds. Toast for 3-4 mins till aromas start to come.
- Cool these spices and grind into a fine powder.
- After grinding, add the almonds. You will notice the almonds would have released the oils and formed a semi-solid paste.
- Roughly chop all the wet ingredients mentioned and blend it in a blender while adding half a cup of water.
- Mix both the spices paste and the wet ingredients paste in a bowl.
- Mix one 150 ml water with the MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder to form milk
- Heat a pan and add the oil (1½ tablespoons) & wait for 3-4 mins.
- To the oil, add the bay leaves and let the aromas get absorbed in the oil.
- Add the mixed paste from step 5 into the pan. Cook till the paste releases the oil (15 mins) on medium flame.
- Add the chicken to this and cook for 5 mins and let the paste and flavours get absorbed.
- Add salt, 1 cup water & the MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder to this and stir till the chicken gets fully cooked (25 mins). You can add more/less water depending on your choice. Serve hot and enjoy with steamed rice.