Cooking Time: 95 Minutes
Preparation Time: 360 Minutes
Total Serves: 5
The Ingredient List
For Steamed Savoury Manda Pitha:
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - ½ Sachet (3 Grams)
- Fine Rava/Semolina -100 Grams
- Water - 200 ML (For Manda Pitha Dough) + 1 Litre (For Steaming Process)
- Ghee For Manda Pitha - 1 Teaspoon (In Water for Making Dough) + 1 Tablespoon (During Kneading) + 1 Teaspoon (During Making)
- Salt - A pinch
- Microwaved & Mashed Potato - 60 Grams
- Grated Paneer - 40 Grams
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt For Potato Stuffing - A pinch
For Crispy MAGGI Nest:
- MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles & Masala - 3 Packets
- Corn Flour - 3 Tablespoons
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon (For Application on Noodles) + 400 ML (For Frying)
- Water - 400 ML
For Green Pea In Coconut Milk Sauce:
- MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder - 100 Grams
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 1 Teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 Tablespoon
- Kasoori Methi - 1 Teaspoon
- Boiled Green Peas - 50 Grams
- Salt - To Taste
- Elaichi Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Green Chilli Paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 100 ML
- Green Edible Food Colour - 1 Drop (optional)
For Imli Chutney Caviar:
- MAGGI Imli Chutney - 50 ML
- Water - 100 ML
- Agar-Agar - 1½ Tablespoons
- Unflavored Oil (Refined Sunflower Oil) - 300 ML
- Edible Flower Florets - 5-6
- Coriander Leaf Strands - 5-6
The Easy Steps
For Preparation Manda Pitha:
- Microwave 1 medium-sized potato at 720°c for 5 minutes. Peel off the skin and mash thoroughly.
- Grate 40 grams paneer and keep aside.
- Make 5 Manda Pitha balls.
For Cooking Manda Pitha:
- Bring 200 ml water to boil. Lower the flame and add ghee and salt to it.
- In small batches add rava, stirring continuously and ensuring no lumps are formed. Cook in low flame for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, add ghee and knead well. Make 5 medium-sized balls.
- In a separate kadhai, add oil. Once hot, add mashed potato and paneer to it.
- Add salt and turmeric. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Add MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic. Give a good stir.
- Allow ut to cool completely. Make 5 walnut-sized balls of these.
- Apply ghee on palms. Make a pocket of rava balls and stuff the above mixture in it. Seal the sides properly giving it an egg shape.
- Steam in a steamer for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
For Cooking Crispy MAGGI Nest:
- In a Kadai bring water to boil. Add MAGGI noodles and cook till 90% done.
- Remove and dry it completely. Use a kitchen towel to soak excess water.
- Apply oil on dried Noodles and coat with cornflour.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai.
- Arrange noodles in form of the nest on a frying spoon. Fry in medium to low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Allow to cool and remove carefully from the frying spoon.
- Sprinkle MAGGI masala mix generously on the nest. Keep aside.
For Cooking Green Pea In Coconut Milk Sauce:
- Add ghee in Kadai.
- When mild hot, add elaichi powder and green chilly paste. Cook for few seconds.
- Mix coconut milk powder in water and add to Kadai. Cook for 10 minutes till ghee starts separating.
- Add green peas, kasoori methi, MAGGI masala magic, and salt. Give a good stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Add green food colour and then blend to a smooth sauce.
For Preparation Imli Chutney Caviar:
- In a transparent glass bowl, take refined oil and refrigerate it. Ensure the oil is completely chilled while making caviars.
For Cooking Imli Chutney Caviar:
- Mix imli chutney and water. Add to a hot kadhai and stir well.
- Bring to boil, stirring intermittently for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower flame, add agar-agar powder. Mix well and allow to cool down for a minute.
- Take the above liquid in a syringe and drop-in chilled oil slowly. The small spherical balls of imli chutney are the caviars.
- Remove carefully and refrigerate it for 10 minutes before you start plating.
For Dish Presentation
- Take a white dinner plate and add 2 tablespoons of the green pea in coconut milk sauce.
- Place a flat bowl on the sauce and remove it carefully, making the impression as in the photograph. Alternatively, the sauce can be sprinkled on the plate as art too.
- Put the nest beside it and put Manda Pitha in the center of the nest. Decorate with coriander leaf strands and edible flowers.
- Decorate with caviar and serve.