Cooking Time: 46 Minutes
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Total Serves: 12
The Ingredient List
For The Choux Pastry:
- Salted Butter - 50 Grams
- Water - 120 ML
- All-Purpose Flour - 65 Grams
- Eggs - 2 (At Room Temperature)
For The Filling:
- MAGGI Magic Cubes Chicken Masala - 1 Crumbled
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 2 Tablespoons
- Cream Cheese - 40 Grams
- Bacon - 2 (Rashes Fried & Minced)
- Chicken Frankfurters - 2 (Boiled & Minced)
- Chicken Salami - 2 Discs (Fried & Minced)
- Garlic Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1½ Tablespoons
- Chili Flakes - ½ Tablespoons + A Pinch For Garnishing
- Onion - 25 Grams (Minced)
- Green Bell Pepper - 25 Grams (Minced)
- Parsley & Celery - 10 Leaves Each
* No salt to be added in neither the choux pastry nor filling. The salt content in butter, cream cheese, bacon, and MAGGI Masalas is sufficient to add taste.
The Easy Steps
- On a stove in a saucepan, add the water and butter and allow it to melt on simmer. Once completely melted, add the flour and keep stirring until it forms a ball in the center of the saucepan leaving a film on the bottom of the saucepan. Turn off the heat and allow the flour-butter-water mixture to cool for 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Once cooled, add the eggs one at a time whisking the mixture until each egg is incorporated well into the better. Mix the batter with delicate hands to prevent air bubbles from entering the better. Cooling time 10 minutes.
- Line the baking tray with a silpat, pour the batter in a piping bag, and without attaching a nozzle cut off the tip of the piping bag.
- Pipe the batter onto the sill patch in small dollops of 2 inches diameter. Piping time for 20 bite-sized profiteroles is 2 mins.
- Dip your finger in water and smoothen out the peaks if any on the dollops. Tap the filled baking tray onto the counter 5 times so as to let the air bubbles out.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180degree celsius.
- While the profiteroles are getting baked in a bowl mix all the ingredients of the filling. You may choose to tell the filling at this point.
- Once the profiteroles are ready, get them out on a cooling rack and with the help of a serrated knife or paring knife make an incision on the profiteroles broad enough to allow a dessert spoon to enter through the incision.
- Using a dessert spoon, take the filling mixture and fill the profiteroles.
- Garnish profiterole with fresh parsley or celery along with a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Profiteroles are ready to eat.
*The baked profiteroles can be stored up to 7 days in an airtight container in a refrigerator, while the filling can be stored up to 4 days.
* Fill the profiteroles with the filling just prior to eating or else the shell can turn soggy if kept standing for over 30 mins.