Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Preparation Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
Total Serves: 6
The Ingredient List
For Cake Sponge:
- All purpose flour - 200 grams
- Eggs - 4 big eggs
- Castor Sugar - 160 grams
- Coconut (Scraped and Toasted) - 100 grams
- Coconut Extract - 1 teaspoon
For Milk Mixture:
- MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder - 4 1/2 tablespoons
- Warm Water - 150 ml
- Condensed Milk - 100 ml
- Heavy Cream - 60 ml
- Whipping Cream - 1 ½ cup
- Coconut extract - 1 teaspoon
- Toasted coconut - 1/2 cups
The Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celsius. Grease a 8 by 8 inch square pan and dust with flour.
- Meanwhile scrape and toast the coconut until golden brown.
- Now sift the flour in a large bowl. Add castor sugar and toasted coconut to it. Crack the eggs one by one while whisking the batter till the eggs are well incorporated. Add the coconut extract to the batter. Gently fold the batter with a spatula. Now the batter is ready for baking.
- Place the batter in the cake pan and bake it for 40 mins
- While the cake is baking make the milk mixture. Mix the MAGGI Coconut milk powder with the warm water for 10 mins. Add the condensed milk and cream to the coconut milk and keep it in the fridge.
- Once baked let the cake cool for half an hour.
- While the cake is still warm make small holes in the cake with a fork and add the milk mixture. First add ¼th of the mixture and let it sit for 5 mins. Then add another ¼th of the mixture and keep the cake in the fridge for an hour.
- Whip up the whipping cream with coconut extract.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and cut it in 6 equal squares and pipe the whipping cream on top of the cake and garnish with toasted coconut.