Cooking Time: 132 Minutes
Preparation Time: 138 Minutes
Total Serves: 12
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder - 2 Tablespoons (In 1 Cup Warm Water)
- Cholar Daal (Bengal Gram) - 300 Grams
- Sugar - 250 Grams
- Small Cardamom - 4 (Crushed/Ground Into Fine Powder)
- Ghee - 4 Tablespoons
- Cashew & Raisins - 25 Grams
- Khowa Kheer - 50 Grams
- Almonds - 12
- Cherry - 50 Grams
- Milk Powder - 10 Grams
- Lemon Juice - ¼ Of Small Lemon
- Water - 3 Cups + 500 Grams
The Easy Steps
- Soak the daal for 2 hours in a bowl with 500 ml water.
- Drain out the water and in a small pressure cooker, add 3 cups of water (2.5 litres) and put the daal and boil till 3-4 whistles of the pressure cooker. Let it cool down and smash the daal in a mixer grinder for 8-10 mins until the daal is a smooth paste without any lumps. Clean the mixer, dry it properly and then grind the cashews for 2 mins.
- Heat a big kadhai for 30 secs and add the 3.5 tablespoons of ghee, heat it and let it melt for 1 min 30 sec. Then add sugar and coconut milk and stir for 2 mins.
- Then, add milk powder, stir for 3-4 mins until the sugar melts and caramelizes, add elaichi powder and on a low flame, add the smashed dal and cook it for 15 mins and when it is sticky, turn off the flame.
- Grease a tray with ghee and immediately put the cooked dal on the tray and spread it evenly and smear the cashew powder and let it rest in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Cut the barfi/sweet into even diamond shapes and garnish with almond and cherry raisins.