Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Serves: 3
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Chicken Stock Cubes - 2 Pieces
- Country Chicken - 400 Grams
- Onions - 2, Medium Sized (100 Grams)
- Tomato - 1, Big Size (50 Grams)
- Ginger Paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chillis - 4 Piece (Slit)
- Mustard Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Fermented Bamboo Shoot - 2 Tablespoons
- Whole Black Peppercorns - 1 Teaspoon
- Whole Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Wholes Spices - 1 Small Cinnamon Stick + 2 Cloves + 2 Cardamom Pods
- Coriander Leaves - For Garnish
- Salt - To Taste
- Warm Water - 200 Ml
The Easy Steps
- Prepare ingredients as mentioned in the list. The chicken is pieced into curry cuts. Tomatoes and onions are chopped. Whole black pepper and cumin seeds are made paste together using a dash of water. MAGGI Chicken Stock Cubes are dissolved in 200 ml warm water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil in a deep Karahi pan, when smoky hot we lower the heat to medium and add whole spices, after a min, we add chopped onions and slit green chillies and cook until onions become translucent.
- Now, we add the chicken pieces and fry them in high heat uncovered till it gets a fried color to its skin.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, and the black pepper and cumin paste to the pan and stir them gently under medium heat with the meat.
- Now we add the chopped tomatoes and salt (Keep in mind that Chicken Stock cubes also have salt) to the meat and cook in low heat covered.
- Now after the tomatoes get completely cooked and the chicken loses its moisture, add the MAGGI Chicken Stock dissolved in 200ml warm water and cook the meat covered in low heat.
- Now uncover the lid and add 2 tablespoons of fermented bamboo shoot and cook lid covered again in medium heat.
- Now serve out the meat stew in a bowl and garnish with a small twig of coriander leaves. Serve with steam rice or rice cooked in banana leaf pockets (Tupula Bhaat) for a pure north eastern delicacy experience. Bon appetit!