Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Total Serves: 8
The Ingredient List
- MAGGI Magic Cubes Chicken Masala - 2, Crumbled
- MAGGI Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Chicken with Bones - 750 Grams
- Basmati Rice - ½ Kg
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Onions - 3-4 (Finely Chopped)
- Tomato Puree - 2
- Yogurt/Dahi - 250 Grams
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 5 Cups (Approx.)
- Coriander Leaves - For Garnishing
- Saffron Milk - 2 Tablespoons (Optional)
- Red Chili Powder - 3 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1 Small Stick
- Caraway Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Cloves - 5-6
- Cardamom Pods - 3-4
- Black Pepper - 7-8
- Bay Leaves - 1-2
The Easy Steps
- Rinse rice and keep aside. Marinate Chicken with MAGGI Ginger-Garlic paste, yogurt, red chili, and turmeric powder, and salt.
- In a pot, boil water, add bay leaves, 1 teaspoon oil, salt, and rice. Parboil rice until ¾ is done.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a cooker/big pot, add onions, whole spices, and sauté. Add the MAGGI Magic Chicken Cubes and continue to sauté till onions caramelize on medium heat. Then, add tomato puree and sauté well till oil separates. Then add marinated chicken, mix well. Lower the flame, cover, and cook with water on the lid until the chicken is just done (do not overcook). Taste and add salt if needed.
- Add parboiled rice on chicken gravy, level the rice gently on top. Optionally you can sprinkle saffron-soaked milk. If cooking in the cooker, cook for 1 whistle or if cooking in a pot, let it be on dum for 14 mins.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot with your choice of accompaniment.