Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Serves: 4
The Ingredients List
- MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic - 2 Packs
- Rice - 1 Cup (Washed & Soaked for 10-15 Mins)
- Moong Dal - ½ cup (Washed & Soaked for 10-15 Mins)
- Water - 4 Cups
- Salt - To Taste
- Butter/Ghee - 3 Teaspoons
- Curry Leaf - 5-6 Leaves
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafetida - ¼ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Green Chilli - 1 Tablespoon (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger - 1 Teaspoon (Grated)
- Beetroot - 1 Cup (Grated)
- Green Peas - ½ Cup
- Carrot - ½ Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Sweet Corn - ½ Cup
- Tomato - ½ Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Onion - ½ Cup (Finely Chopped)
- Spring Onion - 1/3 Cup (For Garnish)
The Easy Steps
- Wash rice and moong dal and soak it in water for 10 -15 mins. And prepare ingredients as mentioned in the list.
- Other side heat a pressure cooker and add 2 teaspoons butter to it. Add cumin seeds and asafetida. Let it crackle.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves. Stir and sauté till the onion start to become light golden.
- Then, add grated ginger and chopped green chilies. Sauté for a few minutes till the raw aroma of ginger goes away.
- Now add all veggies (peas, carrot, corn, and tomato). Stir and sauté for a minute.
- Then add grated beetroot. Stir and sauté for a minute. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix and stir well.
- Add soaked rice and moong dal. Stir gently and sauté for a minute.
- Add 2.5 to 3 cups water. Stir well, on full flame let it come to a boil. Depending on the type and quality of rice, you can add water.
- Add 2 packs of MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic, and stir.
- Cook until 5-6 whistles.
- After 5 whistles let the heat subside and let the cooker cool down.
- Remove the lid and add 1 cup of water.
- Now stir slowly and steadily. Bring it to a boil for half or a minute.
- Garnish with spring onion (add 1 teaspoon butter if you like). Serve beetroot khichdi hot or warm with a side veggie salad or plain curd or raita variety like onion raita, cucumber raita.