Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Preparation Time: 75 Minutes
Total Serves: 3
The Ingredient List
- Mixed Dals (Channa Dal, Tuvar Dal, Urad Dal) – 1.25 Cups each
- Raw Rice – 1.25 cup
- Red Chillies – 8-10
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Oil – 2 teaspoons for each Adai
- Raw Banana – 1 Cubed
- Green Chilli – 4 cut
- Maggi Coconut Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut – 3 teaspoons Grated
- Asafoetida - .5 teaspoon
- Salt 1.5 teaspoons
- Tempering – Mustard, urad Dal (1 teaspoon each), Curry Leaves (5)
Sauce (Avial Coconut Cream):
- Maggi Coconut Powder – 5 teaspoons
- Milk – 2 teaspoons
- Hung Curd – 4 teaspoons
- Jeera – 1 teaspoons
- Green Chilli – 5
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt – 3 pinch
Salad (Desi Slaw):
- Cabbage, Carrot, Onion (2 tablespoons Shredded each)
- Moong Sprouts ( 2 tablespoons)
- Southern Gun Powder (Molagapodi) – 2 teaspoons
The Easy Steps
Prep for the base:
- Soak all ingredients except oil mentioned in the base for 3 hours and grind into a Dosa like batter.
- Just before serving pour a small ladle of the batter into a dosa shape and add oil to cook until mildly crisp.
For Filling (Cooking):
- Heat Oil in a kadai and all ingredients mentioned in the tempering. Throw in the chillies next.
- Once the tempering spurts, add the raw Banana. Toss it around and add Salt, asafotedia.
- Once the banana turen soft and has a crisp layer add the Coconut powder and the grated coconut.
- Grind greenchillies, jeera, salt and asafoetida into a coarse paste.
- Combine coconut powder and 3 teaspoons of water into a thick cream.
- Add milk to the coconut cream and combine in by heating slowly. Once the raw smell goes away, add the ground masala and curd.
- Combine all the veggies and sprouts together. Toss them with a molagapodi.
- Open the Adai-co base and smear the coconut cream on the base.
- Add the podimas filling heartily.
- Top with the Desi slaw.
- Serve fresh for the zing and bite!